International Clinical Trials Day (ICTD) is celebrated each year on May 20th. In 2021, the European Clinical Research Infrastructure Network (ECRIN) are hosting an online event with the theme ‘Platform Trials: Shift in Treatment, Testing and Collaboration’.
The event is free and open to all. The agenda for the day will include :
- The power of large simple trials;
- Presentations of specific platform trials to highlight: the approach of a multi-domain platform trial with adaptive randomisation, considerations when developing a European platform trial during a pandemic and recommendation on addressing operation challenges;
- Considerations of the use of platform trials on the research team and on the patient experience;
- A panel discussion to address regulatory & ethical issues related to the trial, its design and implementation;
- The choice of platform trials for the European COVID response;
- The use of CTIS for platform trials.
Registration for the day is now open on the ECRIN website.
Read the full press release for ICTD 2021 here.