HRB CRCI Central Office
The central office is hosted by Clinical Research Development Ireland (CRDI) and is managed by the Chief Operating Officer, who is assisted by the Chair of HRB CRCI. It is staffed by the following personnel:
- Chief Operating Officer: Dr. Fionnuala Keane. Fionnuala’s primary role is in the day to day delivery of operations in HRB CRCI and in working with the Senior Management Team to delivery on the aims of HRB CRCI.
- Clinical Trial Liaison Manager: Michèle Cunnane. Michèle’s primary role is to oversee the study feasibility programme and accelerate the start-up phase of clinical trials.
- Quality and Regulatory Affairs Manager: Fiona Cregg. Fiona’s primary role is to manage the quality system of HRB CRCI central office and to coordinate quality related activities of the network.
- IT Manager: John McCourt. John’s primary role is in IT management for HRB CRCI. John is also the primary contact for the CRF Manager system.
- Clinical Industry Liaison Officer: Fiona Campbell. The primary purpose of Fiona’s role is to support clinical investigation and performance evaluation of medical devices and invitro diagnostic products in Ireland.
- ECRIN European Correspondent: Dr Suzanne Bracken. Suzanne was appointed to the role of European Correspondent, ECRIN, Ireland, based within the HRB CRCI.
- Legal Advisor HRB CRCI: Sarah Dever. Sarah provides legal advice for HRB CRCI including contract and document review and development.
- Clinical Trial Liaison Officer: Caitriona Brady. Caitriona has recently taken up the role of CTLO
- CRDI provides corporate support services including part time financial, administrative, HR and communication staff.
Senior Management Team
HRB CRCI is overseen by a Senior Management Team (SMT), comprised of the partner Clinical Research Facility/Centre (CRF/Cs) Directors, the HRB CRCI Chief Operating Officer and the CRDI Chief Executive. Prof. Joe Eustace, Director of the HRB Clinical Research Facility at UCC is the current Chair. The SMT meet bimonthly to agree policy and procedures and discuss issues of relevance to the overall operation.
- HRB CRCI Chair and Director CRF-C: Prof Joe Eustace
- HRB CRCI Deputy Chair and Director CRF SJH: Prof Martina Hennessy
- Associate Director CRFG: Prof Martin O’Donnell
- Associate Director Wellcome Trust HRB CRF SJH: Dr. David Kevans
- Director RCSI CRC: Prof Dermot Kenny
- Director UCD CRC: Prof. Peter Doran
- Clinical Director UCD CRC Mater : Prof Patrick Murray
- Director UL Health Research Institute: Prof. Rachel Msetfi
- Director of Research and Innovation – Children’s Health Ireland: Prof. Paul McNally
- Associate Director CRFG: Prof. Andrew Smyth
- Chief Operating Officer HRB CRCI : Dr. Fionnuala Keane
HRB CRCI Staff located in the CRF/Cs
Dedicated HRB CRCI staff (Site Facilitators) are based in each CRF/C, with specific focus on conducting study feasibility and accelerating study start-up. Additional Support Specialists from the network and CRF/Cs can advise on projects, as needed.