The European Clinical Research Infrastructure Network (ECRIN) is a not-for-profit intergovernmental organisation that supports the conduct of multinational clinical research in Europe. As of 2013, ECRIN has the legal status of a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC). ECRIN links the resources and capacities of national networks across Europe to increase access to patients and medical expertise.
ECRIN’s core office is based in Paris, and ECRIN works with European Correspondents (EuCos) across Europe, national networks of clinical trial units (CTUs)/clinical research facilities (CRFs), as well as numerous European and international stakeholders involved in clinical research.
ABOUT Irelands ECRIN Membership
- Ireland became a full member of ECRIN on November 20th, 2018.
- Health Research Board Clinical Research Coordination Ireland (HRB-CRCI) is the national partner for Ireland, and hosts the ECRIN EuCos for Ireland.
- As a member of ECRIN, Irish researchers can benefit from a full range of ECRIN services for multinational clinical research study preparation, protocol evaluation and study management
- To access ECRIN services contact the Irish EuCos:
+353 1 658 2128 or suzanne [dot] bracken [at] hrb-crci [dot] ie
+353 1 658 2134 or fiona [dot] cregg [at] hrb-crci [dot] ie
PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT STAGE
ECRIN can offer more extensive support during the proposal development stage when it is involved as a project partner. Support may be required for EU funding proposals such as Horizon 2020 (H2020) and Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI). Researchers should contact the Irish EuCos early in the proposal development process (ideally 3 to 6 months prior to the submission deadline).
Examples of the types of support available at the proposal stage:
- Design and methodology support
- Advice on EU funding sources
- Budget development and cost estimation
- Regulatory, ethics and insurance requirements
- Strategies for site selection and patient recruitment
- Medical expertise and support
POST FUNDING AWARD – STUDY PREPARATION
Once the study has been awarded funding ECRIN can provide the following support during the study preparation phase:
- Protocol peer review
- Feasibility and risk assessment
ECRIN offers support during the study implementation phase in various areas such as:
- Study management and coordination
- Regulatory and ethical submissions
- Selection and provision of qualified resources
- Pharmacovigilance (adverse event reporting)
- Data management